Most numbers within Area Code 301 are located in the following cities: Indian Head, Hollywood, Bethesda, Oxon Hill, Glenn Dale, College Park, Gaithersburg, Hyattsville, Laurel, Community Support And Referral Services, Rockville, Silver Spring, Williamsport, Frederick, Kensington, Sandy Spring, Clinton, Cascade, Brandywine, Bittinger, Nanjemoy, Leonardtown, Damascus, Newburg, Mount Savage, Waldorf, Cumberland, Thurmont, Hughesville, Capitol Heights, Mechanicsville, Myersville, Upper Marlboro, Hagerstown, Walkersville, Non Emergency Services, Oakland, Lexington Park, Poolesville, Westernport, Middletown, Columbia, La Plata, Union Bridge, 411 Local Directory Assistance, Keedysville, Emmitsburg, Bowie, Kitzmiller, Lonaconing, Flintstone, Travel Information Services, Greenbelt, Directory Assistance, Hancock, Telco Repair Service, Frostburg, Intralata Pic Validation, Mount Airy, Telecommunications Relay Service, Ridgeley, Friendsville, One Call Services-Pipeline And Utility Safety, Smithsburg, Brunswick, Clear Spring, New Market, Ridge, Baltimore, Grantsville, Emergency Services, Standard Plant Test Code.
Hollywood, Bethesda, Oxon Hill, Glenn Dale, College Park, Gaithersburg, Hyattsville, Laurel, Community Support And Referral Services, Rockville and Silver Spring
About Indian Head, Maryland
Indian Head is a town in Charles County, Maryland, United States. The population was 3,422 at the 2000 census. It has been the site of a naval base specializing in gun and rocket propellants since 1890. Production of nitrocellulose and smokeless powder began at the Indian Head Powder Factory in 1900. The name of the base has varied over the years from Indian Head Proving Ground, to Naval Powder Factory, to Naval Propellant Plant, to Naval Ordnance Station, to the present Naval Support Facility Indian Head. The facility's main tenant activity is the Indian Head Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC/IH). Advanced research in energetic systems takes place at NSWC/IH. NSWC/IH absorbed the function of the closed Naval Ordnance Laboratory, formerly in White Oak. The base currently employs 3,700.