The Weekend Tip: Brooklyn Food Conference
Fort Greene- Clinton Hill Patch - almost 5 years
1. Do you dream of delicious, ecologically sustainable, socially just, and accessible food? Join the 2012 Brooklyn Food Conference to learn how to make the dream a reality. Brooklyn Technical High School, 29 Fort Greene Place. Sat., 9 a.m. Free.
2. "Living legend" Juan de Dios will help teach workshops on three different dance styles from Cuba and then lead a conversation about Afro-Cuban dance. Cumbe, 558 Fulton St. Sat., 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., with Roots of Salsa Fundraiser at 9 p.m. $18 online, $25 at the door.
3. Just in time for Mother's Day, Brooklyn-based author Erin Bried presents her new book, How to Rock Your Baby: And Other Timeless Tips for Modern Moms. Greenlight Bookstore, 686 Fulton St. Sun. 11 a.m.
4. Continuing to keep jazz alive, vocalist Steve Cromity and his trio performs every second Sunday. This month's special guest is Jazz vocalist TC III. Two Steps Down, 240 Dekalb Ave. Sun., 6 p.m. $10.
5. Two-time Tony and Olivier Award winner Jonath
Fort Greene- Clinton Hill Patch article