David Macaray: 25 Funny Baseball Quotes
Huffington Post - over 4 years
Whenever I come across a baseball quote that makes me smile, I jot it down and file it away. I've been filing them away, off and on, for the last 25 or 30 years. Some of the quotes included here are fairly well known, others are obscure.
1. "If you know how to cheat, start now."--Baltimore manager Earl Weaver, to pitcher Ross Grimsley on the mound.
2. "People think we make $3 million or $4 million a year. They don't realize that most of us only make $500,000."--Pete Incaviglia, Texas Rangers
3. "Boston now knows how Britain felt when it lost India."--Boston Globe sportswriter Ed Linn, on Ted Williams announcing his retirement from the Red Sox.
4. "You can sum up the game of baseball in one word: 'You never know.' "--Joaquin Andujar, St. Louis Cardinals
5. When Roger Clemens recorded his 3,000th strikeout in 1998, it was noted that his very first victim was Cleveland Indian manager Mike Hargrove. At the press conference, Hargrove told him, "I got you off
Huffington Post article