Indian Hill Cemetery has County's First Cremains Storage
Middletown Patch - almost 5 years
Indian Hill Cemetery, at Washington and Vine streets, has installed Middlesex County's first cremation columbarium on the west side of the cemetery near Butternut Street.
The granite unit includes 64 double niches, installed on a flat stone surface, with areas for reflection and placement of remembrances. The niches will be available to the public June 15.
The entire exterior columbarium project was designed by Watertown Cremation Products of Massachusetts.
Indian Hill Cemetery was dedicated on Sept. 30, 1850, by officers Samuel Russell, president; Samuel D. Hubbard, vice president; Thomas Brower, secretary; and Joseph Taylor, treasurer. At the dedication, the Rev. Frederic J. Goodwin delivered the dedication address.
Following is an excerpt of his address: "Friends and Fellow Citizens: We have assembled here today for the performance of a very important duty. We are here to set apart these beautiful Grounds for a peculiarly sacred purpose. We are here to consecrate
Middletown Patch article