Russell Crowe

Australian Actor
Born Apr 7, 1964

Russell Ira Crowe is a New Zealand-born Australian actor, film producer, and musician.

related links

News + Updates

Browse recent news and stories about Russell Crowe.

  • 586d358f15000023009172fb
    What Happened To The Ingénue?
    Huffington Post - Jan 06, 2017
  • The Cinema Year That Was: Zaki's Flick Picks 2016
    Huffington Post - Dec 31, 2016
  • S donald trump mini
    How To Love Trump
    Huffington Post - Dec 23, 2016
  • 582537b81500002600b0c447
    The World Mourns Leonard Cohen A Loss It Didn't Need Right Now
    Huffington Post - Nov 11, 2016


Learn about the memorable moments in the evolution of Russell Crowe.


1964 Birth Crowe was born on 7 April 1964 in the Wellington, New Zealand suburb of Strathmore Park, the son of Jocelyn Yvonne (née Wemyss) and John Alexander Crowe, both of whom were film set caterers; his father also managed a hotel. … Read More


1984 - 1988 4 More Events
1989 25 Years Old 1 More Event
He was also cast again by Daniel Abineri in the role of Johnny, in the stage musical Bad Boy Johnny and the Prophets of Doom in 1989. … Read More
1992 28 Years Old 1 More Event
In 1992, Crowe starred in the first episode of the second series of Police Rescue.
1993 29 Years Old After initial success in Australia, Crowe first starred in a Canadian production in 1993, For the Moment, before concentrating on American films.


1995 31 Years Old 1 More Event
He co-starred with Denzel Washington in Virtuosity (the duo later appearing together in American Gangster) and with Sharon Stone in The Quick and the Dead in 1995.
2000 36 Years Old 1 More Event
He went on to become a three-time Oscar nominee, winning the Academy Award as Best Actor in 2000 for Gladiator.
2001 37 Years Old 1 More Event
Crowe was awarded the (Australian) Centenary Medal in 2001 for "service to Australian society and Australian film production." … Read More


In 2005, he re-teamed with A Beautiful Mind director Ron Howard for Cinderella Man. … Read More
2006 42 Years Old 1 More Event
On 19 March 2006, the voting members of the South Sydney club voted (in a 75.8% majority) to allow Crowe and businessman Peter Holmes à Court to purchase 75% of the organisation, leaving 25% ownership with the members. … Read More
2008 44 Years Old Crowe helped to organise a rugby league game that took place at the University of North Florida, in Jacksonville, Florida, between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the European Super League champions Leeds Rhinos on 26 January 2008 (Australia Day). … Read More
2009 45 Years Old 1 More Event
Crowe wrote a letter of apology to a Sydney newspaper following the sacking of South Sydney's coach Jason Taylor and one of their players David Fa'alogo after a drunken altercation between the two at the end of the 2009 NRL season.
2010 46 Years Old In 2010, the NRL was investigating Crowe's business relationships with a number of media and entertainment companies including Channel Nine, Channel Seven, ANZ Stadium, and V8 Supercars in relation to the South Sydney Rabbitohs' salary cap. … Read More
2011 47 Years Old In May 2011, Crowe helped arrange to have Fox broadcast the 2011 State of Origin series live for the first time in the United States, in addition to the NRL Grand Final.
2012 48 Years Old 1 More Event
Crowe publicly endorsed Barack Obama, whom he called "the light and the future", in the United States presidential election, 2012, and urged Americans to vote for him.
At the Rabbitohs Annual General Meeting on 3 March 2013, Chairman Nick Pappas claimed Crowe "would not be selling his shareholding in the short-to-medium term and at this stage has no intention of selling at all".


2014 50 Years Old In 2014, he played a gangster in the film adaptation of Mark Helprin's 1983 novel Winter's Tale, and the title role in the Darren Arnofsky film Noah.
2015 51 Years Old In 2015 it was reported that Crowe applied for Australian citizenship in 2006 and again in 2013 but was rejected because he failed to fulfill the residency requirements. … Read More
Original Authors of this text are noted on
Text is made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.