2012 Top Famous People Searches
Written byDecember 31, 2012
It’s been quite the year in celebrity news…
Brad and Angelina delighted their fans (and her mother) by FINALLY making their marriage official, but all champions of celebrity love were blind sighted by the sudden split of Katie and Tom. In April, the world was abuzz with the royal nuptials across the pond and not at all surprised when Kim and Kanye made their relationship official after her 72-day marriage in 2011. The ultimate let down came with the announcement of Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher‘s split, we thought they’d last forever! Kim and Kanye did take us aback (for about one minute before we rolled our eyes and moved on with life) with Kanye’s baby announcement during his concert last night.
Other babies added to the gossip mix this year include the cousin of Kim and Kanye’s future delivery and Kourtney’ K’s second child “Penolope Scotland,” Beyonce and Jay-Z’s “Blue Ivy,” Adele’s little boy who still remains nameless to the gossip world, Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green’s first born “Noah,” Drew Barrymore’s little bundle “Olive,” Nick and Vanessa Lachey’s “Camden” and of course we can’t leave out the token Jersey Shore little guido, Snooki and Jionni’s baby “Lorenzo.”
Though we’d love to rehash all of the token moments this year, there’s no way we could cover all of the babies, arrests and on-again off-again romances (Justin/Selena, KatyPerry/John Mayer…). We CAN however tell you who people were looking for on our site. Without further adieu, we present to you, 2012′s most searched famous people!
10. Bill Gates – No recap needed here. As one of the most successful men in America he doesn’t need to get married, arrested or have a baby to remain relevant.
9. Brad Pitt –His movie career was a bit quiet this year with only two releases and a questionable Chanel cologne ad, but the Jolie-Pitt clan made headlines, not with another child, but when Brad and Angelina announced their plans to get married. It’s said that Brad proposed to Angie in front of the kids making it a family affair.
7. Kim Kardashian – The reality star and her family continue to deliver. Following her 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries, she made new headlines confirming a rumored relationship with Kanye West and now an upcoming baby.
5. Angelina Jolie – Like Brad, she had a quiet year with no major movie releases, but as any bride (or working mom) knows, planning a wedding and running a family doesn’t leave time for much else. Family was a big focus in 2012 for the Jolie-Pitts.
4. Taylor Swift – The bubble gum pop/country star is growing up before our eyes. She was the cover girl for multiple campaigns this year, won some Grammys, launched a fragrance, crashed a Kennedy wedding and is now canoodling with One Direction’s Harry Styles.
3. Barack Obama – Joined in his election efforts by Jay-Z, Katy Perry, George Clooney and many others, the 44th President of the United States has four more years in office, but is currently frantic with Senate and House leaders to avoid the nation’s plunge over the fiscal cliff.
2. Selena Gomez – The 20-year old singer and actress announced in the beginning of the year that she was putting singing on hold to focus on her acting career, but let’s face it she’s top of mind because of the company with her on her romantic getaways…
1. Justin Bieber – The King of Spokeo Famous People Searches dominates again in 2012. Like Ms. Swift he’s growing up before our eyes. He launched his third studio album “Believe,” bought a mansion in Calabasas and took off on many grown-up rendezvous with Selen
Happy New Year!